Sunday, April 17, 2016

Wife Gets A New Carriage



   Wives. When you've got a good one, you take care of her. Personally? I have a gem of a wife, one who pretty much lets me do what I want...within reason, of course.

   Unannounced breakfast out with my pals? No problem. Browse thrift shops for quirky bargains? Don't spend a whole lot of money, honey. Last-minute decision to go metal detecting on her day off? Have fun! What do you want for supper when you get back?

   She is a diamond of a gem. As such, it's my duty to take care of her.

   That's why she got the new car yesterday. Me? I'm still plugging away in my 2004 GMC Canyon that has 123,000 miles on it and crank windows. I'm good with that.

   Yesterday was a gorgeously sunny day as we ventured out, traveling to Willard to visit the good folks at Sharpnack Chevrolet ( I'm a GM guy; Dad worked there for 33 years ).

   It was a trip worth making.

   Kerry Pauley, a truly good guy and long-time friend, greeted us when we got there. Kerry works on the Ford side of Sharpnack's dealership but, since we'd bought/leased our last two cars from him when he plied his trade elsewhere, he guided us through the now-familiar process. I like dealing with Kerry not only because I've known him for a few decades but also because he knows his stuff inside and out. Plus he's not averse to a little humor, which is always a a good thing as far as I'm concerned. If you know me you already knew that.

   However, Kerry was at somewhat of a disadvantage, as he had tickets for the Tribe game at 4PM in Cleveland, so he couldn't stay through the entire process. Enter Tom Sharpnack and Larry Becker; Tom's the dealership owner and Larry one of his top-notch sales staff. In no time flat we'd turned in Stacy's leased 2013 Chevy Equinox, which she absolutely loved, for...a 2016 Equinox. Every option she had on the former vehicle she now has in the current one...PLUS she now has heated seats, too.

   Guess what? Our monthly payment is a couple of dollars LOWER than the 2013 Chevy. Same lease terms. Brand-new car. Lower payment. BUT...different dealership.

   I'm good with that, too.

   If you're in the market for a new ride, go see Kerry or Tom or Larry at Sharpnack's in Willard. You won't be disappointed. My wife sure isn't.

   She is a gem. A happy gem. As the saying goes, 'happy wife, happy life.'

   My work here is done.

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment