Friday, December 30, 2016

Resolutions Made and Kept



On New Year's Eve day in 2008, I made a resolution that I've kept for the last eight years. I came close to breaking it a few times, but I didn't cross that self-imposed line.

More about that one further down the page.

There's another I made three years ago, though I put off enforcing it until February 1st of that year. Since that date in 2013, however, I've stuck to it: I haven't bought a cigar since then. That one is huge, and if you've known me for a decade or two you're aware of how attached I was to Tampa Sweet Perfectos. My wife is very happy about my rejection of cigars; she'd be ecstatic if I could give up Skoal Extra Mint Blue dip pouches, which is what I used to wean myself off the cigars. Now I gotta find something to replace the dip. Until I find that substitute, I can't make that resolution.

One of my resolutions for this year will be not to gloat about Donald Trump's presidential election victory over Hillary Clinton. I don't want to act or behave as this nation's Democratic party did after Barack Hussein Obama's ascention to the presidency of this country in 2008 and again four years ago.

Back in 2008, I didn't wish that someone would assassinate Obama, nor did I openly call for public disturbances and protests during his inauguration ceremony. I didn't wish ill towards those who performed during that event, didn't want any vote recounts or the elimination of the Electoral College. Nope, I just accepted what had transpired.

And I endured the next eight years of Obama, knowing and hoping that America would eventually come to its senses and right the ship.

That is what I want today's liberal social justice whiners to do ( I refuse to call them 'warriors'; it would be insulting to our armed forces )....just endure. If that's not enough for them, they can refrain like I did the last 8 years.

I NEVER used the words 'President' and 'Obama' consecutively in a sentence.

On January 20th, however, I'll happily say 'former President Obama'.

That day can't get here soon enough.

Have a Happy New Year, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment